sâmbătă, 9 aprilie 2016

Health tips: Apple Cider Vinegar

Today I bought a bottle of unpasteurized, natural apple cider vinegar (ACV). I was walking around my local supermarket, when a bottle caught my eye. I was reticent at first and thought I must research to see if it's a good choice for me. I've seen people recommend it before, but I never really took it seriously. First, I searched if it works for weight loss and then I remembered to search if it's good for my recurrent UTI. Didn't want to take something that made my symptoms worse, as I noticed recently oranges do. Some things I learned:

- take it before or during a meal, preferably 3 times a day;

- "the mother" is what gives it the amber color and it's the sediment that forms at the bottom of the bottle. It's only for the unpasteurized and unfiltered ACV, which makes it a probiotic;

- it contains acetic acid, which is responsible for the taste and smell ACV has. It may help with blood pressure, control blood sugar levels and fat accumulation;

- helps with water retention by replenishing sodium with potassium;

- resets your bladder pH and makes the urine more acidic and also acts as a natural antibiotic. Bacteria causing urinary tract infections makes the urine alkaline and they thrive in it. Citrus fruits,  most vegetables and legumes will keep the urine alkaline. A diet high in meat and cranberry juice will keep it acidic.

Below is a recipe from ToneItUp called the Bombshell Spell. Sounds good. :) xo Yoanna

Information provided from various web searches. I do not own any of the images shown in this blog entry.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu